Monday, March 26, 2007

Why Ancient Sounds?

Ancient Sounds is the title of a Paul Klee masterpiece. The name also reflects my interest in music. When you choose a career, you should look at the small clues. Do you like the smell of wood shavings and sawdust, then think perhaps of being a builder. As a child, I loved the sound of one even one piano key struck. And I have found that this deep down resonance has stayed with me. Klee had to choose between being a violinist or visual artist. I hope he choose what gave him the truest small pleasures, I think so. But not even creating great works such as his could ever make up for giving up what you were meant to love doing. Choose wisely.

Credits -
Photo taken from WebMuseum, Paris.

Please click on this Klee photo to see texture.

No comments: