Wednesday, September 12, 2007

1000 Pictures, 1000 Cranes

My wife's name in English is 1000 pictures because her mother, Saddako, liked to draw and paint watercolors.

1000 means a great amount and we love round numbers, Arod's 500th homerun and Matsui's 100th occurred last month with fanfares (both are Yankees). And in Japanese tradition, if someone (or some friends) make 1000 paper cranes, it will bring luck, healing, good results for a cause.

YOU GET TO SEE THIS POSTING IN PROGRESS, LOOK INSIDE MY BRain...















I am returning to this unfinished post after a couple years. I wonder how many people will dig through the pile of my old posts to read this little note?


Anyway, I am not going to tie together all the things I was going to here. But I will finally explain this picture, why my brain is a picture of a sideways girl.

What below, here where we run around and eat, is masculine; is feminine above, in the dimension where we connect to others as who we are, not what we do, also called heaven or the above. And vice versa, the feminine is masculine above.

The scope of what feminine and masculine are is beyond this small writing. If you are interested, study the left and right qualities of the sephirot, or better acquire a rare teacher who is willing explain.

No comments: