Monday, June 3, 2013

Wrong Nation, Oops!

Italians used to follow Lee Trevino around the golf course and cheer for him as he played. Great player who won 29 PGA titles and 21 more pro.

He said, "I've been hit by lightning and been in the Marine Corps for four years.  I'ver traveled the world and been about everywhere you can imagine.  There's nothing I'm scared of except my wife."

The funny thing is that Trevino wasn't Italian, he was Mexican.  His name just sounded Italian to his Italian fans.

Fast forward to my wife, my Japanese wife.  The other day I
carefully selected a gift for her.  I thought she'd especially like it as it was from Marimekko, the Japanese home design store.

But Marimekko only sounds Japanese, it's Finnish.

The salesgirl assured me though, that a lot of their designers were from Japan.

No comments: