Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Good Morning!

We had an old stove that came with the apartment.  After many years we got a new one.  A restaurant quality Viking.  The old, cheap one had a nice clock with a timer.  After we got our restaurant stove, occasionally, one of us would look over and wonder what time it was.

Instead of getting a new clock, I taped a sign above the stove.  It says "Morning."  I figured we call Japan or think of it often, and when it's evening here, it's morning there.  In the evening, we catch a couple minutes of "Good Morning, Japan."

So, either it is morning here in Manhattan or there are people waking up to a new day in Japan.  It's always morning somewhere.  The sign clock keeps perfect time and it's comforting.

My giraffe wants to remind you that it's evening somewhere now, if not here, perhaps Africa.  I recommend clicking on her to enlarge the picture.

Some days, I can get tunnel vision and stay in the apartment working on music or work.  I forget there's a world out there sometimes.  Then, when I actually take a walk through the 840 acres of Central Park, or if I stroll Riverside, I go "Whoa!" at the real world.

The little paper sign works a bit like that.


No comments: